Utilization Management (Prior Authorization Requirements and Step Therapy Requirements)
Allwell has a team of doctors and pharmacists that create tools to help us provide quality coverage to our members. The tools include‚ but are not limited to: prior authorization and step therapy criteria‚ clinical edits and quantity limits. Some examples include:
- Age Limits: Some drugs require a prior authorization if your age does not meet the manufacturer, FDA, or clinical recommendations.
- Quantity Limits or Supply Limits: For certain drugs, Allwell limits the amount of the drug we will cover per prescription or for a defined period of time.
- Prior Authorization: We require you to get prior authorization for certain drugs. (You may need prior authorization for drugs that are on the formulary or drugs that are not on the formulary and were approved for coverage through our exceptions process.) This means that you will need to get approval before you fill your prescriptions. If you don’t get approval, Allwell may not cover the drug.
- Step Therapy: For certain drugs, we require you to try a less expensive alternative before “stepping up” to drugs that cost more.
- Maintenance (Mail Order) Drugs: Certain drugs are available through our mail order pharmacy. Look for “MO” in our formulary to see if your drugs are eligible for our mail-order service.
You can ask Allwell to make an exception to our coverage rules. For specific types of exceptions that you can ask us to make, please refer to the Evidence of Coverage. When you are requesting a utilization restriction exception you should submit a statement from your doctor supporting your request along with a completed Request for Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage Determination form. Generally, we must make our decision within 72 hours of getting your prescriber’s or prescribing doctor’s supporting statement. You can request an expedited (fast) exception if you or your doctor believe that your health could be seriously harmed by waiting up to 72 hours for a decision. If your request to expedite is granted, we must give you a decision no later than 24 hours after we get your prescriber’s or prescribing doctor’s supporting statement.
Please see the Coverage Determinations, Exceptions and Redeterminations page for more information.
If you have questions about our formulary or want to get the most recent list of drugs, call us. We are here to help!
Look at 2018 information for plan details.